Unique aspects of MGSI:
- Unlike most summer opportunities, MGSI combines a residential experience with out of state travel. Following two weeks on campus at Appalachian State University, the program concludes with a week of travel to various business and cultural/entertainment sites.
- Each MGSI class is small. Twenty-four students are selected. The group size provides a much more intimate, personal experience for each participant.
- It is quite affordable considering the extensive travel, excursions and activities; tuition is $1,500 plus a meal plan fee of $325. **Need-based scholarships are available to qualified applicants.
- We are seeking students who have a sincere interest in business as a college major and demonstrate leadership potential. Some candidates have an entrepreneurial spirit, or have unique or extensive part-time work experience. Also consider your most competitive students among under-represented groups and populations. Interested students should demonstrate academic achievement.
- Students who embrace and appreciate new people, opportunities and experiences are ideal for MGSI. They should also be well-prepared to be away from home and able to manage a demanding schedule.
- Application deadline is February 26th 2016
- Please make announcements, post on your website, and include MGSI in your newsletters, and share the opportunity with teachers and club advisors who work with students described above.
- Parents want to know! Share this information with your school’s parent organizations.
- Please reach out and encourage at least one student to apply!