Please come out and support as we honor our Class of 2018 Seniors.
Before the 2017-2018 school year officially ends and the final college scholarship and grant applications due dates pass, students can conduct their end of the school year Scholarships.com scholarship search.
NEW EMMANUEL CONGREGATIONAL UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST
3546 BEATTIES FORD RD. CHARLOTTE, NC
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Seniors come prepared with transcript and SAT/ACT scores. On site admission and application fee waivers will be available to students who qualify.
The University City Branch of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Public Library will hold a FAFSA completion event on Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Financial aid experts will be available to assist students and families with FAFSA completion.
Please stop by the table in the cafeteria during your lunch for additional information and application information.
Blacks@Microsoft Minority Student Day - Essay/Video Contest - March 23rd, 2018 at Microsoft’s Charlotte campus
Topic: How has technology impacted your education and how do you see technology impacting students in the next 50 years?
· Essays must be original and individual content. Information cannot be copied or plagiarized from public websites or fellow students
· Video can be submitted by an individual or group of 3-5 students. Information cannot be copied or plagiarized from public websites or fellow students. Please note all Videos must be no longer than three (3) minutes.
· Essays/videos must contain information that answers the full topic
· Essays must contain correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
· Essays must be 2 pages typed and double spaced on 8 ½ by 11 white paper
· Essays/videos must include a title page with the student’s name, the counselor’s name and email address, and school name
· Essays/videos must be reviewed by the school counselors. (Not applicable for college students)
· Essays/videos must be creative
Please contact Kim Fuqua (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jonathan Lindsay (Jonathan.Lindsay@microsoft.com) with any questions.
CONSIDERING ATTENDING COLLEGE?
DECISIONS … DECISIONS! IT’S NOT EASY TO SELECT THE RIGHT COLLEGE.
COME TO THE PARK EXPO AND CONFERENCE CENTER ON MARCH 18 FOR THE 2018 CHARLOTTE NATIONAL COLLEGE FAIR. REPRESENTATIVES FROM MORE THAN 200 COLLEGES WILL BE ON HAND TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS, TELL YOU ABOUT THEIR ACADEMIC PROGRAMS, AND MORE. INFORMATIONAL WORKSHOPS WILL ALSO BE HELD.
ADMISSION IS FREE! LEARN MORE AND REGISTER AT https://www.nacacfairs.org/
The following Colleges will have admissions Representative at HUHS in Career Center on this Thursday, March 1st and Friday, March 2nd. PLease come by...Admissions decisions potentially made on-site!
Elizabeth City State University - Thursday, March 1st from 1:00pm - 2:15pm
Norfolk State University - Friday, March 2nd from 10:30am - 12:30pm
Shaw University - Friday, March 2nd from 10:30am - 12:30pm
AN EVENING WITH COLLEGE ADMISSIONS DIRECTORS - Tuesday, February 27 at 6:30 pm in the Cindric Performing Arts Center - 5801 Poplar Tent Road in Concord, NC
The event is free and open to parents of high school-aged students in the larger community. We ask that parents bring questions about preparing their child for higher education opportunities, the admission process, and the financial aid and scholarship process.
TEEN HEALTH CONNECTION IS PROUD TO OFFER OUR GIRLS EDUCATED AND MOTIVATED FOR SUCCESS(GEMS) MENTORING PROGRAM. THE GEMS MENTORING PROGRAM IS A 10-WEEK COMMUNITYPROGRAM THAT IS TARGETED FOR GIRLS AGES 13 TO 17. THE GEMS WORK WITH YOUTH MENTORS,HEALTH EDUCATORS AND COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS TO TACKLE IMPORTANT HEALTH ISSUES FOR YOUNGWOMEN. THE GEMS PARTICIPATE IN HEALTH EDUCATION DISCUSSIONS AND PROJECTS, SELF-ESTEEMBUILDING ACTIVITIES AND VARIOUS COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS.